Last updated: August 16, 2023
Data We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store, transfer, or otherwise process information, including but not limited to personal information, when you access our Site. More specifically:
- Information Provided by You: We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Identity Data: This includes information like your name, title, company name, and position.
- Contact Data: This includes information like your billing address, delivery address, e-mail address, phone numbers, and other information provided with the purposes of contacting you.
- Technical Data: This includes details about your device, IP address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, information regarding websites from which you navigated to the Site, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Usage Data: This includes information about how you use our Site, products, and services, including how often you visit our Site and which areas of the Site you visit. Such information may be collected through the us of cookies web log files, and other tracking tools.
- Location Data: this includes information which may be collected about the location of your device using GPS or other location technologies, such as sensor data from your mobile device providing information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cellular network towers.
- Payment Information: credit card or other information you may provide to us. Such Payment Information may be collected directly by a third-party processor.
“Personal information” includes all personally identifiable information that is specific to you and can be used to identify you (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address, shipping address, billing address, etc.).
Please note that your election to remove our access to personal information, Location Data, or Usage Data may impact the functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about our use of personal information, Location Data, or Usage Data, please feel free to contact us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (including email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (which may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you provide.
How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may use the information, including personal information and other information we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, support, and enhance our Site.
- Fulfill your information requests, process donations, and transactions, send you relevant information, including confirmations and receipts, and otherwise communicate with you about the services we provide and to provide user support.
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and requests about using the Site.
- Engage in communication with you regarding our initiatives, keeping you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities. This may include sending news and information that we believe will interest you, using your voluntarily provided telephone number if applicable.
- Seek volunteers, donations, and support for our campaigns and issues we endorse. We may also facilitate connections between you and other volunteers.
- Transmit important information about the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative details.
- Ensure the content contained on our Site is presented effectively.
- In connection with various texting or calling campaigns as more fully set forth in the “Outreach Campaigns” section below.
- Serve Site content and advertisements to you.
- Administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Track use of our Site, investigate suspicious activity, and enforce our terms and policies, to measure and improve the operation and security of the Site and your personal information.
- Allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted or required by law.
We may use Location Data to configure and operate the Site for your use and provide you with the ability to control and improve the use of your devices and functionality specific to your location. We may use Location Data to customize information specific to your region.
We use the Usage Data to perform data analytics, analyze and evaluate the features and functionality of our Site. We may also use Usage Data to process automatic crash reporting which collects reports of crashes, other technical issues, and information relating to how our Site is functioning.
In addition to the uses described above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, including elected officials, news publications, and other targets, when you willingly provide such information or use specific services on the Site, like sending messages to third parties, signing petitions, or completing surveys. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or any other information on the Site, as such information and materials could be published on the Site and become publicly accessible to visitors and the general public.
We may use and disclose other information that is not “personal information” for various purposes since it does not personally identify you. For instance, we may de-identify information or analyze aggregated information from Site users to enhance our efforts to train women for office. In certain cases, we may combine such information with Personal Information, treating the combined data as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. Depending on where you live, you may have certain legal rights under applicable law. For example, you may have the following rights:
- Your right to Access – means that you can ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- Your right to Correct – if you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may have the right to correct such personal information by providing us with the correct up-to-date personal information.
- Right to Erasure – you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out-of-date personal information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to ask us to erase your personal information.
- Right to Portability – you may have the right to request a copy of your personal information in a commonly used and machine-readable format to be provided to you or to such other third party as you specify.
- Right to Limit – you may have the right to opt out of any ancillary use of your personal information (e.g., for marketing purposes).
Please contact us (as specified below) to request any of the above rights. Upon confirmation that you are making the request, we will confirm our obligations under applicable law. Please note that even if a request is made to delete your personal information, we may be permitted or required to retain a copy for our business and legal obligations as permitted or required under applicable law.
Please note that your election to remove our access to personal information, Location Data or Usage Data may impact the functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about our use of personal information, Location Data or Usage Data, please feel free to contact us.
We prioritize the security of your personal information and implement reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard it. However, it’s important to note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse. If you have any concerns about the security of your interactions with us, please promptly notify us using the contact information provided in the “Contacting Us” section below. Your vigilance helps us address and resolve any potential security issues.
We keep your personal information as long as needed to process your requests and donations, to operate our business and provide our Site, and as long as we are legally obligated to keep it. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information at any time. Please note that deletion of your personal information may affect your right or ability to use our Site. While we will use reasonable efforts to de-active your personal information and to delete such personal information, we may be required to retain such personal information as required by our systems or our legal requirements. Until we have deleted all of your personal information, we will continue to honor our privacy and security obligations related to your personal information.
Please note that in the event that we elect to de-identify your personal information, such de-identified information is no longer your personal information, and we may use such de-identified information, alone or on an aggregated basis to analyze our Site, or as we deem appropriate.
Choices and Access
We provide several options to manage using and disclosing your personal information. You can opt out of the following:
- Receiving campaign or marketing-related emails from us.
- Receiving campaign or marketing-related telephone calls from us.
- Sharing your personal information with our affiliates for their marketing purposes.
We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests promptly. However, please note that if you choose to opt out as described above, we cannot guarantee the removal of your personal information from the databases of our affiliates or unaffiliated third parties with whom we have already shared your information up until the implementation date of your opt-out request. Additionally, please be aware that even if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages, you may still receive important administrative messages from us.
We may engage in certain outreach campaigns in support of our organization’s charitable purpose. We may use your personal information to contact you via SMS (text) messages or phone calls. Such messages and calls may include updating you regarding our campaigns, initiatives, events, and training programs.
You can stop SMS contact at any time by texting “STOP” to the number from which you received the SMS message. After you send a “STOP” message to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm you have unsubscribed. Neither your phone carrier nor us are liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Your standard messages and data rates may apply for any messages sent between you and us. You can stop phone calls from us by contacting us at Info@VoteRunLeadAction.org. Your standard message and data rates may apply for any calls between you and us.
If you have any questions about our outreach campaigns, please contact us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do our website(s) target children under the age of 13. By using our Site, you represent that you are not younger than 13. Please contact us if you know or suspect that we have collected information from children under the age of 13 and we will take prompt measures to remove such information.
Our Site is controlled and operated by us in the United States, and it is designed to adhere to the laws and jurisdiction of the United States. It is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country, or territory. The Site is not directed at or intended to provide services to individuals outside of the United States. If you are a resident of the EU or Switzerland, you have certain rights in regard to your personal information, please contact us for any assistance in asserting your rights using the information provided in the “Contacting Us” section.
Also see the State Laws Addendum below for term specific to specific states of the United States.
Copyright © 2023 by Vote Run Lead Action, Inc. All rights reserved.
Specific Laws Addendum
Last Updated August 2023
- Identifiers (such name, email address, address, and phone number);
- Commercial information (such as transaction data);
- Internet or other network or device activity (such as IP address, unique device, advertising ID, browsing history or other usage data);
- Location information (general location, and, if you provide permission, precise GPS location);
- Sensory information (such as audio recordings if you call our customer service);
- Inferences about your preferences and traits through your use of the Site; and
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Site; (3) affiliates; and (4) third-parties such as other users or our Third Party Providers.
We or our service providers may collect the categories of information identified above for the following business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents, fraudulent or illegal activity and activity that violates any terms or policies;
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Site or services;
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on services;
- Providing services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, data processing, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, communication about our Site or services, facilitating communications between users);
- Improving our existing Products and developing new Products (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features, or to train our employees on issues that our users need to be resolved);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
For Residents of Colorado
If you are a resident of Colorado and you meet the definition of a “consumer” under the Colorado Privacy Act (“CRA”) you may have certain rights.
Summary of Information We Collect
Colorado law requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal data that we have collected about Colorado consumers, the categories of sources from which we collect personal information, the business or commercial purposes (as each of those terms are defined by applicable law) for which we collect personal information, and the categories of parties with whom we share personal information. See the details as noted above for categories of information and uses.
- Colorado law may permit you to request that we act on a consumer’s following rights:
- Right of access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Right to correct for any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Right to request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to obtain your personal data in a portable (and if technically feasible readily usable) format.
- Right to request to opt-out of the sale of personal data, targeted advertising, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to Info@VoteRunLeadAction.org. You will be required to verify your identity before we are able to fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
Please note that while we may record customer service calls and/or training videos; we do not digitally analyze any such data for any biometric identification purposes.
For Residents of Illinois
Residents of Illinois may have certain rights under the Biometric Information Privacy Act. Please note that while we may record customer service calls and/or training videos; we do not digitally analyze any such data for any biometric identification purposes.
For Residents of Nevada
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a person to be contacted either physically or online.
We do not engage in such activity.